Rehearsal for Retirement

 It may come to a surprise to some of you that know me I am getting close to my retirement. In one or two years I probably will make that decision. However, I am currently "rehearsing" for retirement in our vacation home in Florida. We will be spending a good portion of June in our house/home. We have been here since Thursday after spending some time with our daughter and dropping our oldest back at his apartment. 

So far we have been looking for furniture, searching for a church, enjoying local cuisine and relaxing before we take a trip to WDW for Father's Day weekend. Of course that will be my summer hi lite but I must admit relaxing in Florida with no distractions is pretty nice. Yesterday we went to a park with a couple walking trails in which I got in my steps as if I was on a normal day at WDW over 20,000 steps later I can say I was pooped. However, I spotted wild life such as deer, wild turkeys, and birds of all kind. Plus the scenery was beautiful. The only downfall was the HEAT, I returned to the car sopping wet with perspiration but glad for the opportunity with the idea of coming back. 

In closing I must say if this is anyway near how my retirement can be spent then I am all in. I do plan on doing some fishing sometime before I head back to NC. Thanks for reading next time will be a recap of our trip to Pop Century Resort at WDW!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip Review

Week Five

Week Three Snow